LBC: What Has Become a Staple in Your Wardrobe and Why

by - 2:07 PM

Although this dress is actually pretty new, it has quickly become my favourite - I just adore the 1890s girl fashions and have adored them since childhood. The sleeves!!! The skirts!

Sorry about the raw edges on the hat - it's not finished yet.

I wanted a dress I could wear both outside and at home; a practical, washable dress without any lace for easy upkeep, dress that could be dressed up or down as needed. And then I found this fabric at a local shop and was overjoyed - it was just perfect! Originally, I put lace at the hem of the skirt, but ripped it off - and I'm happier with it now. Cute. Practical. Comfy. With strong 1890s vibes. My preshioussss!!!
And you know what's the best part?
It's got POCKETSESSS!!! XD

Now I just need more of the 1890s-inspired dresses like this...

The second staple is a skirt my sister Iris made for me as a present - because aww, the teddy bear print!<3<3<3 Plus the simple elegance of the cut means it can be, again, dressed up or down as I please. And it's washable. And soft to touch. And voluminous. And I just love it.

 
Btw, there's still enough of this teddy bear fabric to make a skirt - so look forward to seeing it for sale in the shop :-)
Now I'm looking forward to see what the others have posted :-)

The Bloody Teaparty
Roli's Ramblings
Petite Tomoyo

You May Also Like

7 komentářů

  1. 1890's girl's fashion is the best!! I always love that you're influenced by that style, as it's really sweet and becoming, as well as romantic. Anne of Green Gables, indeed. <3 It's great that the brown OP is practical as well as lovely, as it would be very nice to wear to a picnic in Spring or a Summer garden tea-party, so you don't have to worry much about grass-stains or any wayward paw prints. :')
    I bet you look as pretty as a picture wearing those outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, as you speak about picnics or garden tea-party, I really wish we could throw one together:-) Tea and your doggie, some scones - it would feel wonderfully British;-) Do you think you would ever like to make an 1890s inspired dress, too?

      Delete
    2. Me too, it's been a dream of mine to have or attend a garden tea-party/a proper picnic! It would be so, so wonderful; when you come here sometime (maybe for the ball next year ;)) we should make it happen. <3
      Yeah, I'd definitely like to make one sometime... but 'sometime' never seems to arrive, haha. ;) I'm really behind on my sewing lately, but I'm hoping to finish my chemise sometime soon!

      Delete
  2. Getting serious Anne of Green Gables vibes...and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I'm glad, that was partly the inspiration:-)

      Delete
  3. Hello Rosa,
    I think both dresses are lovely. I agree that the lace would have been to much...it looks perfect.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a darling as always, Giac, thank you so much!!! So happy you like it...

      Delete